Mirabaud Media Lab Edit Stations Reservations
The Mirabaud Media Lab is located on the 5th floor of CEU’s Nador utca 15 builiding, room N15 5.04., The Lab is a resource used for both instruction of media production, and for use by students and faculty to produce and edit media production projects.
The 8-station Lab has a wide range of professional, up-to-date post-production hardware and software for video editing, audio editing, and other multimedia applications, including:
- 8 iMacs, including one with dual monitors and speakers for audio mixing and color grading
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- All stations have Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 capability
Permission to use the lab is granted automatically to students enrolled in media production courses at CEU. For other projects, please obtain authorization from the Media & Visual Education Specialist. You may be asked to demonstrate your competency on a program, or asked to participate in training and orientation.
Please book responsibly: only book time you will actually use, and cancel promptly if you realize you don't need a reservation.
You will need to enter the following on the booking form:
- Your name
- CEU email address
- Reservation nickname (this should be the name of the project, and will be what is publicly shown on the room schedule)
- School affiliation
- Names of all crew working on project - only one station per crew should be booked at a time. Crew members should not be working simultaneously on the same film on separate edit stations.
- Any reservation, whether same day or in advance, must be made in libcal. Even if you are just jumping on an empty edit station, please still reserve the time in libcal.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes, after which the station will be made available to others on a first-come, first-served basis.
- As a courtesy to others, please cancel your reservation if you will not be using the space--just click the link provided in your confirmation email.
- Students should start rendering or finalizing projects 30 minutes before the end of their reserved time, or the closing time of the lab.
- Please be considerate and leave the edit station promptly, and leave the area around the computer in good condition when your reservation is over.
- The CEU Library reserves the right to cancel reservations
By requesting a reservation for an edit station, you agree to abide by the Rules of Use that are posted in the Media Lab, and on the Lab’s home page. Please carefully review these rules prior to your reservation.